The block rewards in QORT are distributed evenly, regardless of the minter who actually finds the block. The rewards, instead, are based on the level of the minter as far as who receives more or less of every block.
See distribution chart below (taken from Leveling System):
The first accounts able to level, are the minters of QORT. Minting is extremely important to the system, as it is the way that blocks are found, and the chain progresses forward. Without the minters, the chain doesn't move.
Due to the extreme importance of the minters, they are rewarded with the block rewards on the system. The rewards of every block, are split via the following:
- Levels 1 and 2 minting accounts will obtain 5% of the block reward.
- Levels 3 and 4 will obtain 10% of the block reward
- Levels 5 and 6 will obtain 15% of the block reward
- Levels 7 and 8 will obtain 20% of the block reward
- Levels 9 and 10 will obtain 25% of the block reward
- QORA holders transitioning into QORT will obtain 20% of the block reward
- Founders will obtain a minimum of 5% of the block reward, and/or the 'leftover' percentage, which initially will be higher when there aren't users in all of the various level groups, and will decrease over time.
The block rewards on QORT are meant to be never-ending. The decision is still being made by the core developer whether an actual cap for the coin supply is necessary or not. Decision is also being made in regard to the actual number for the block rewards themselves.
Initially the thought was to start with 10 coin per block and decrease to 5 coins over a period of roughly 6 months in blocks. However, it is now being re-thought to determine whether a lower amount is more optimal.
The idea now is to potentially start with 5 coins and decrease to 2 coins per block over that same 6 month period. Then stay at 2 coins 'forever' (whereas the idea for no cap can work.)
The final decision is yet to be made in this regard, but will be posted here when it is.