In QORT, there is a system of 'levels' that are given to those who choose to become a minter.
At first, the minter account type is the only type that can obtain and gain in levels. This means that the minters are the only ones who can vote for changes in the system, create committees, and any of the other aspects that are relevant to the leveling system.
At a later date, leveling will apply to other Qortal account types (see Account types ) giving multiple different types the ability to 'level up' in the system, and gain more voting influence, form committees, etc…
The first accounts able to level, are the minters of QORT. Minting is extremely important to the system, as it is the way that blocks are found, and the chain progresses forward. Without the minters, the chain doesn't move.
Due to the extreme importance of the minters, they are rewarded with the block rewards on the system. The rewards of every block, are split via the following:
- Levels 1 and 2 minting accounts will obtain 5% of the block reward.
- Levels 3 and 4 will obtain 10% of the block reward
- Levels 5 and 6 will obtain 15% of the block reward
- Levels 7 and 8 will obtain 20% of the block reward
- Levels 9 and 10 will obtain 25% of the block reward
- QORA holders transitioning into QORT will obtain 20% of the block reward
- Founders will obtain a minimum of 5% of the block reward, and/or the 'leftover' percentage, which initially will be higher when there aren't users in all of the various level groups, and will decrease over time.
Above is the initial split for minters based on their level. This split is subject to modification in the future, via either a vote by the users, or if necessary, a modification by the development team. (It is the goal of the system, to eventually not need modification without votes, however, in the beginning, it is likely that sometimes it will be inevitable for changes to be made without them.)
Initially, during the 'QORA Transition' (see The QORA transition) 20% of the overall rewards will go to the people transitioning in from QORA.